Thursday 28 April 2011

Old School Tea Cozy

I love tea. I always have. Growing up we would have it every night after dinner. (I think it was caffeinated. Yes. I don't know what my parents were thinking at the time... ) My dad would get up from the dinner table and say "Who wants tea?" and all us kids would say, "Tea please!" (I know! We were so freaking cute I could gag. Anyways...)
If there is one thing I don't like about tea it's cold tea. Yuck! Enter this tea cozy!

Doesn't it make you want to talk in a British accent, eat scones and stay up until all hours of the night/morning to watch those Royals get married? (Susan! Get well soon! Hope you can still have your tea party! I want to be there!!) Whose with me? You know I'll be up at the crack of dawn to watch it! And I'll be drinking tea from a teacup (not a mug) while I do it!

This FO was made by request for a friend. After looking through a bunch of patterns, I knew I fell for this one. Seriously. The pattern is from a magazine my grandma would have knit from. Isn't it awesome?
So I started to knit is up!
... ... ...
And then I realized it just wasn't working. It was at the same time too narrow and too wide. I was advised to rip it out and start all over again. And in the end, that's what I did.
For the most part I'm a laisse-faire sort of a girl. You know, no one is ever going to notice a small mistake. And I feel like I'm good enough that I can fudge patterns. Want to do a different cast-on? Why not. Add a few stitches here? Easy!
But there are mistakes you can't recover from. And while I hate to frog (it sucks out a little piece of my soul to rip out knitting) I tend to be happy that I've done so.

So now my dear friends can enjoy nice cozy tea. Even if it is disgusting rooibos. (yuck.)

4 comments:

stephchows said...

It looks fabulous!! I love that your fam all drank tea after dinner :) My Nana would do the same thing! :D

Did you seriously drink out of tea cup this am while watching?? You're a riot :)

Jeanne said...

Hells yeah. Tea and the Royals! What else would I be doing at 5:30am?

Corrie said...

YAY! Love it!!!! I am some sort of dumkopf, I drank coffee this morning...

Jeanne said...

dumkopf indeed! haha. Especially since you are one of the biggest tea drinkers I know.
But the cozy is yours! ... once I send it to you!