Monday 3 January 2011

Arts and Crafts

When it comes to arts and crafts, I was never very good at the art part. You want me to knit you a hat or sew on a button or make a gimp bracelet (cause who doesn't want a gimp bracelet?), I'm your girl. But you want me to draw something... Not happening. The only thing I ever got good at drawing was electrical circuits in University. I wouldn't call that art.

Yet, every Christmas something comes up in which I try to be artsy. It just happens. Normally it ends in disaster, but this year, I'm actually fairly impressed by my Christmas eve midnight efforts. (Yeah. Took me awhile to get a pic of this...) I don't ever really want to see another piece of construction paper again, but I think I did a pretty good job at this one:


This is how my siblings and I told my mom about her Christmas gift: a family picture. (Not sure why I put myself in a pink skirt...) You'd think that would be a boring gift, but with my family it is not an easy thing to manage. We've been planning it for 4 months! Last year we took a picture, with someone holding my younger brother's HS graduation picture (he's like 25, so not a recent pic) just so that he was "in" the picture.

So, that was my art for 2010. I have one more 2010 craft still to come. The nephew sweater is finally done!! Now I just have to get a picture of it.

1 comment:

Corrie said...

I concur with the Arts - and I'm not even good at crafts! Hahha - but I draw some mean circuits. ;)