Wednesday 1 December 2010

Re-sewn

Wow. I can't believe that it's already December! How did that happen? More importantly, how is it December, and I'm only done one of my many Christmas crafting. This might turn out to be ugly!
Unfortunately, I don't have a good excuse. But I do have a few random craft (among other things...) to show for my busy-ness. Like this hood-type-thing:

This one took me a whole, about 15 minutes. Okay. Maybe twenty. Because this hood is 100% reused. Even the i-cord. Even the button!
As you may recall, this isn't the first time I've tried to reuse an old sweater, but I do think it's the time it came out the best. (Okay. Almost anything would have turned out better than those other times! Those were some bad crafts that I don't think have ever been used in real life.)

For this hood, I took the sweater, but it at the seams and then along the top. I picked up the stitches and then sewed it. Voila! I'm planning to line it with fleece to make it warm enough for the winter.

2 comments:

Corrie said...

Cool. Very "Pre-Loved"

stephchows said...

ok that's pretty darn creative girl. I bet it will keep you super warm!