Sunday 20 December 2009

Failure

The verdict is in: I am giving up on amigurami. Officially giving up on trying to make armigurami. (The little crocheted animal toys.) I've tried before and failed WAY before the steps where you get to put the toy together. This time, I made all of the pieces okay, but for some reason the result is a complete failure.

Is this not the scariest penguin you ever did see?

Maybe it's cause I use beads for the eyes. I tried to find the eye beads at Michael's yesterday, but no luck. Whatever it is that makes this penguin look freaky rather than cute, I don't think I can give it to my nephew for Christmas. Mr. Scary Penguin would be a cruel thing to give to a 3 year old.

But I don't like to leave on a sour note, so here is something else I whipped up. A head band. I didn't have a lot of yarn left over after I made a had out of that ball, so I used the base repeat from this pattern and stopped when I ran out of yarn.

I'm okay pleased with this ear warmer. It's not gorgeous, but I think it's wearable.

Hopefully I'll have a success before the end of the year.

No comments: