Tuesday 21 April 2009

Hot, hot, hot

Today feels like the silliest day to be writing about a tea cozy. Or anything knitted for that matter. It was 31C outside today! That's about 90F to all you non-metric people. Either way you look at it, it's HOT! Warm, cozy tea is definitely not needed. 
But this cozy still is pretty cute!

It's cute even if it doesn't match the army themed mug. 

I roughly used the same pattern as my last cozy. Very roughly.
I increased/decreased faster actually than on the last one. I didn't want the handle to be as long on this one. & Instead of using their detailing portion, I found a pattern for a braid and used that. I've been thinking about using a braid on a project I'm going to make up, and I wanted to try it out on something different first. It was a perfect fit for this project! 13 stitches wide, and the repeat portion wasn't overly long. Great! 

I'm still planning my temperature experiment... I just have to find two matching mugs.

No comments: