Saturday 27 December 2008

More Christmas crafts!

I have this thing about being on time. I kinda don't like getting places late. I'm not crazy about it, but I do always try to be on time when I go places if not a little bit early. I think it's polite. I am pretty much the opposite of my brother whose favourite shirt says: "Procrastinators of the world unite! Tomorrow..." That said, you'd think that I'd be great at giving Christmas gifts on time. Unfortunately, you'd be wrong. I just finished these up. December 28th. i.e. late. 

They are very simple mittens I made for Xavier. But really, they were a gift to my mom. She requested them. She wanted a pair of knitted mittens for him, but didn't have the time to make them herself. So in steps Aunt Jean. (somehow, I'm Aunt Jean, not Aunt Jeanne.)

And that isn't the last Christmas craft I'm planning on giving either... I have another that I've only sort of started. It might not get done until January.
Oh, the horrors.... I'm going to be ridiculously late on those. 

But in other fun semi crafty news, look at what I got from Jen (the older sis)! 
It's Kirigami. I had no idea what it was before I started. It's Origami, but you are allowed to make cuts into the paper. 

These ones just look like the snowflakes that you make in grade school, which was always one of my favourite crafts. I even decorated my University residence window with snowflakes, so it's a great gift.
It's from a calendar that gives me one to do a day. Obviously... I haven't quite stuck to that. According to my calendar it is now January 6th. Oh well. C'est la vie, and they are fun! 
And they will get harder. I think they are just trying to ease you into it. But if there are any cool ones, I might post some more in 2009.

No comments: