Saturday 15 November 2008

Confidence booster: 15 minutes mini-mitts

Sorry for the lack of posts, but I've been busy. Busy with Nanowrimo. (39k words and counting!) Busy with Christmas baking (my best friend and I have baking parties every November/December to make Christmas cookies. We then freeze them and come Christmas all of our other friends get the tastiest, and cutest Cookie boxes ever, chalk full of calories and other goodness. So far I've made lemon drops and sugar cookies in the shape of stars. Also in the freezer are Nanaimos and cherry/oatmeal/chocolate chip drops. It's going to be a tasty Christmas!) Busy stressing out that I'm going to get laid off. (My company has been hit pretty hard by the failing economy. Although I haven't as of yet actually dusted off my resume...) And busy making mistakes on the Twisted Tree Sweater. 

Seriously. I think I have problem understanding some patterns. I must have read the yoke part of it at least 10 times trying to figure out the decreasing (five times out loud in case for some reason that turned a light on in my head. It didn't.). But I was obviously doing it incorrectly. The pattern is supposed to start slanting, but mine was going all... wonky. For the lack of a better word. It just didn't make sense to me when I was supposed to ssk versus when to k2tog. normally that makes sense. But normally you aren't doing it with a knit and purl stitch? At least that's what I think my problem is. 

So last night whilst I was bemoaning my wonky sweaterness, I knitted up these gems. 


I needed something that I could make in about 15 minutes to restore my confidence in my ability to knit. These were just the ticket! They are totally tiny. I found the pattern while looking for Christmas ornaments to knit. Along with my Christmas boxes for friends, I signed up to do a cookie exchange on a cooking blog I read. We are supposed to send a dozen cookies and an ornament, so I figured I'd knit one. I don't know if these are the ones that I'm going to send, but it was a fun tiny project to restore my sanity. (and I think luckily I have figured out the decreasing. I'll get back to that now...)

Anyways. I don't want to waste words that could be going towards my Nanowrimo word count. So, 'til I have another small craft to blog about, 'ta!

No comments: