Tuesday 14 October 2008

Aunt Again, Afghan

The most surest way to get me to start knitting/crocheting with a vengeance is to tell me that someone I know is pregnant. Baby things are so much fun to knit. And when the person who tells me they are pregnant is my sister in law, well, can imagine my productivity has shot through the roof!
That's who I made the baby sweater for. It's blue, but that doesn't mean the child is a boy. It's still early enough that they haven't found out the sex yet. But that hasn't stopped me. I still don't have the buttons to finish for the sweater (although I did find one to use to finish the calorimetry), but I've moved on to the baby afghan.

Here it is(as of a few days ago): 


I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's a new set of crochet stitches. A single, a half double and then a double crochet, skip 2 chains repeat. I think I've made it too wide and will need to buy more yarn to get any sort of a blanket shape. I'm also not sure about the holes in it.

No comments: