Friday 20 June 2008

New purse for me, and x-stitch update

As of yesterday, I am on etsy. I’m excited!
But not as a seller. (Think of how exciting that would be!) Yup. I’m only a buyer. But seriously. How did I not know about Etsy before now? It’s so fun! It’s soooo fun that I just might buy *all* of my Christmas gifts this upcoming year on etsy. That’s how cool I think it is. Why do I think it’s cool? Well, 1) The items are unique. 2) They are crafty and I love crafty. 3) The money (well, other than the money to paypal and to etsy) goes to individuals rather than companies. That’s all cool.

So here’s what I bought:

I’ve needed a new purse for like months, if not half a year. My present one, one that Corrie gave me that she got in India, is being held together with a safety pin. And it’s already been sewn back together once. I tried to make a purse myself a while back, but it only semi worked. That bag is now used for taking my lunch to and from work. It works well for that. But since it doesn’t have a zipper, I didn’t feel good about putting my wallet, cell phone, etc into it. Not that safe methinks. So when I saw this ‘slouch’, I knew it was for me. And now it is. I just have to wait for it to arrive. Probably some time next week. Oh I’m excited. I love crafts. Even when someone else is the one doing them.

But here’s a short update on my craft of late. The ever present x-stitch. It’s getting there! Almost done. Yup. I feel bad that I’ve been avoiding the girl’s hair, but since I’ve never seen the girl that my x-stitch girl is supposed to represent I’m timid about starting it. The girl in the x-stitch pattern has light hair, and from the one picture I saw for about 10 seconds of the real life girl, I remember her having dark brown hair. Oh, what to do? What to do? Should I make her hair dark, or make her hair light? If I make her hair dark too, it will blend in with the boy’s hair and that isn’t good. Solution: after some consulting I think I’m going to swap a few of the lighter shades for darker ones. I hope that works. If that doesn’t work then I’ll just take it out and do it via the pattern. Maybe just maybe I can have the stitches done by this weekend (I’d have to go to the store to get the one colour of floss I lost/misplaced somewhere along the way.) but I think I can do it!
Wish me luck.

No comments: