Saturday 26 January 2008

When you don't have the right yarn

I've got mountains of yarn... but not the right kind! Isn't that the worst situation to be in, ever!? Okay. Within the scheme of things. We aren't talking the same level as terminal illness or a bad hair day horrible thing, but not having the right yarn really is annoying. I WANT to work on that sweater, but I ran out of blue. I even ordered more online last weekend. It still isn't here. I waited patiently all week, but nothing. nada. nil. zilch. zip. you get the picture.

So, I've had to start something else. I couldn't watch tv without something occupying my hands. Better knitting needles than popcorn. ha! So, I'm going to try and make another mother bear teddy before the blue yarn comes. I think I should be able to. They don't take super long.
Even better! I found out today that the mother bear people will be at a knitting/crochet convention in Santa Clara, so I can drop off the bear directly to them. Wow. Fun! If I'd known about the convention before all of the good classes fill up, maybe I could have gone to a seminar/event even. I really have been wanting to learn how to knit socks. I've just put it off, always figuring I could follow a pattern one day. 
I guess that day still hasn't come...

No comments: